Leon Valley Municipal Facility
Leon Valley, Texas
In 1950, the City of Leon Valley, located on the outskirts of San Antonio, expanded and modified a former ranch house for their original City offices. Over the decades, the building was expanded and remodeled numerous times to enable Leon Valley to maintain services for their growing community. A new 15,000-square-foot fire station built on acquired property close to the former station was constructed to initiate a multi-phased construction program.
The former fire station was then repurposed into the new Police Station, and the administration offices expanded into a completely remodeled area formerly occupied by the Police Department. The entire 19,000-squarefoot interior was completely reorganized to satisfy the functional needs of the City Departments. A new main entrance and public plaza elevated the City Hall’s civic presence of this recycled building. This project is complete and the re-opening ceremonies were held in April 2016. The Fire Station completed phase one and opened in December 2014.